10+ years experience in disability advocate. 10+ years’ of management, personnel (EEO related) and administrative work experience. Ability to analyze and identify systematic barriers to equal employment and develop and purpose concrete, practical solutions.
Knowledge of and ability to analyze, evaluate, and apply civil rights laws, regulations, and policies. Regarded as an expert on title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title 501 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Skilled in developing and the ability to implement affirmative employment programs, laws, regulations, and policies. Ability to administer an EEO complaint processing system. Able to assist in formulating policies designed to prohibit discrimination due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age and disability. Competency to plan activities that address employment issues as related to outreach, recruitment, employee development/advancement, and retention of members of Special Emphasis Program groups.
Working knowledge of Government-wide and human resources (HR) regulations and procedures (e.g., title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, OPM Operating Manuals)
- Agency regulations and legislation covering program operations.
- Position classification, job grading, and qualification standards.
- Executive orders, Federal statutes.
- Principles of Federal law and AF decisions.
- Human resources management handbooks, manuals, and instructions.
- Agency regulations describing operating program requirements and characteristics.
- Standard texts covering the theory, concepts, and practices of HR management.
- Governing policies and procedures of the agency.
- Precedent cases.
- Administrative policies and precedents.
- Reference manuals; etc.
My diverse management, personnel (EO) related and administrative abilities; coupled with my knowledge of employment problems and concerns of constituent groups in the Federal workforce has equipped me with the ability to develop strategies to overcome identified barriers and recommend workable solutions and improvement plans to meet EEO goals and objectives; gather and analyze EEO data from a variety of sources